So you think you have what it takes to "HOLD A NOTE"
Here are 4 easy steps to help your inner ROCK STAR come out
1. ACCEPT! Accepting means that you have been challenged. Once you have decided you are note worthy you’ll want to prepare . To do this, you will need a video device with a microphone , your voice , a deep breath and HUTZPAH!
2. RECORD! Before you take a deep breath and let your inner ROCK STAR out, make sure you are recording . Recite 3 people's names to take the challenge to hold a note for as long as they can. Now they can feel as good as you do about raising awareness and funds to help with the number 1 cancer killer!
3. UPLOAD! Share your video on the Web to let the world know you are a ROCK STAR of major proportions! #preludetoacure
4. GIVE! Here’s the part where you pay it forward ! You have now been regarded as an official ROCK STAR, so share your wealth and donate!
Need more inspiration to complete this challenge?
- Lung Cancer is the #1 cancer killer in the US
- Lung Cancer is the #1 killer of all disease in the world
- Lung Cancer is the least funded of all cancer research
- Lung Cancer can happen to anyone who has lungs
- Lung Cancer does not just happen to "Old People"
- More women in their 40's will die from Lung Cancer than from Breast Cancer
Need we say more..... OK
Have you ever had a really bad cold and you can't breath; it feels like your chest is really tight and you gasp for air? Oh boy! I bet you can't wait for this cold to end....
- Well this is what it can be like for many people living with this disease: but for them it never ends.
Their breath, the source of all life, is limited forever!
Did you know that every dollar you donate to "HOLD A NOTE" goes directly to our Lung Cancer Research Grant?
- Here at Prelude to a Cure we are a little crazy because we don't take salaries or any kind of compensation and we have very little over-head: which means when you donate to us YOU KNOW where YOUR hard earned money is going.
What's that you say?
- Of course we are a non profit 501C3 charity. So check with your accountant for a possible tax deduction on your donation!
Wait for it ..... Wait for it.....
Here is some important information about the Hold a Note Campaign
The Hold a Note Challenge is charitable and voluntary activity undertaken to accomplish the mission of Prelude to a Cure, Inc. by raising awareness and funds for Lung Cancer research. As with any activity, there is a risk of injury (or even death) from participating in, or acting as a spectator to, the Hold a Note Challenge (we don’t know what that could be but the Lawyers wanted it in here). Participants and spectators to Hold a Note are advised to consider any environmental/location concerns, health issues, and other unforeseen hazards that might adversely impact the ability to undertake Hold a Note. (In other words don’t hold a note until you pass-out… please!) Individuals(“Participants”) participating in Hold a Note must do so at their own risk, and by their participation agree (on their own behalf and on behalf of anyone else who might make a claim in their place) to waive, release and discharge Prelude to a Cure, Inc., and to indemnify, hold harmless and agree not to sue Prelude to a Cure, Inc. and its affiliates and representatives for any loss, liability, cost, damages (including reasonable attorney’s fees) or other claims that might arise from or in relation to their participation in Hold a Note, whether due to negligence or otherwise. Participants are encouraged to consult their health care providers with any questions regarding how Hold a Note might affect their health, and any Participants under the age of 18 should obtain permission from a parent/guardian. Prelude to a Cure, Inc. is not responsible for, and specifically disclaims responsibility for, any loss, injury liability, cost, damages or other claims arising from or in relation to Hold a Note.
Prelude to a Cure, Inc. has no control over the actions of Participants or spectators to any Hold a Note, the location in which Hold a Note is undertaken or the method by which Hold a Note is conducted. Participants or spectators that require first aid and/or other medical treatment or related services in relation to an injury or illness that arises in connection with participation in Hold a Note remain solely and exclusively responsible for and all liability or claims arising out of or in relation to such treatment and/or services.
Now that’s over….. Go have some FUN!